Sunday, March 18, 2012

DIY Neon Bias Tape Hem Denim Shorts

I found these here at topshop.com for a ridiculous $64.00

I think I can do a lot better than that! :)



Supplies:
- denim shorts or pants that you'd be willing to cut into shorts
- scissors
- sewing machine
- thread (contrasting or matching)
- bias tape in the color you want on the bottom. neon looks sweet!
- measuring tape
- pins

Directions:
1. cut your denim to your desired length (shorts or pants). try not to fray it.
2. measure out the length you'll need around each leg hole with your measuring tape.
3. cut the bias tape for each leg.
4. pin your bias tape to the bottom of each leg hole.
5. sew it with a sewing machine carefully.

say hello to some brand new one of a kind shorts!

a pair of these in black with neon accents would look sweet for even a spring/summer casual going out look!

1 comment:

About Us

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Follow me on twitter! @KelseyLenae